Tuesday, November 1, 2016

My Personal Expression

My bio data
My name is Sonam Yangki, currently studying at Royal Thimphu College in 4th semester pursuing Bachelors in business majoring in finance doing 3 years course in total. We are of three siblings in a family. My mother is from eastern part of Bhutan which is known as Samdrup Jongkhar and father is from capital city of the country, Thimphu. I am from English medium education background but after reaching at college my interest for numerical was very high which landed me taking Finance where we have to deal with numerical problems most of the time. I am very dedicated to the work I perform and I am very active girl because I play almost all kind of sports which make me active most of the time. Working in team is also one of my motives because I believe in team work which can achieve anything when we perform in a team and I can play as leader since I was team captain.

Financial report on BNBL
Besides studying theory in the class I have also gained practical working experience in working with one of the banking institute of Bhutan which is known as Bhutan National Bank Limited. This bank is the oldest baking institute in the country where they mainly emphasis on giving out services like deposit and loans. Under the guidance of my finance module tutor when I was studying in 4th semester 2015, I was able to work with the bank and extract all the information about the company. With the help of extracted information the financial analyses for the company was done with the help of using different formulas in calculating the numerical and get the final report. Though it was very hard for me at first since I had to adjust with my daily schedule and instead give more time but the hard work I did paid me off as well because now I have confidence in myself that I would be able to perform this kind of analysis and got practical practice before even joining as full time employee. And I am always looking forward in learning new things and doing it in practical world.

Business plan
During my fall semester 2015, in one of our module which we studied was Entrepreneur where we had to form into group and work for a real business plan with new business idea coming into the market. Our group has came up with horticulture business idea which will be organic in nature and that will also reduce import of fertilized vegetables and fruits from India. By making this business plan I have gained experience in making proper and realistic business plan where all the financial estimation and analysis was also done. Marketing survey and marketing strategies were also done for the business. From this project it helped me in managing financial aspects for the business where I was given the work of doing financial part. It was such a wonderful opportunity and learned a lot by doing this realistic project which I am hoping to apply in my real life.

My experience from Royal Thimphu College
The business and management degree’s combination of mathematics, marketing, accounting, economics, human resources and industrial relations made it possible for me to choose any other university. Each module I learnt at Royal Thimphu College helps me to meet business challenges. RTC modules are designed with the ‘real world’ in mind. The lecturers and professors use a lot of real life examples to relate the theory to practice. They are passionate about what they are teaching and encouraging. When I first came to RTC I didn’t believe in myself but the teaching staff, my personal tutor and the careers and employability department supported me to achieve my goals. My degree at RTC is helping me obtain a graduate role and has enhanced my presentation skills, professional personality and time management. Further I am looking forward in applying all my skills and experience I got from RTC in which ever field I work for.

Working as intern for Bhutan Football Federation
During my winter vacation of 2015 I have worked with Bhutan Football Federation for 2 months. It was such a great experience for me to work with the team consisting of 6 members including myself, where the federation was conducting one of the biggest football events in the country ‘Kings Cup’. My job to perform was as a financial recorder where I had to keep every single transactions made in a day. Though it was hard for me at first but with the help of finance officer of BFF I could proceed further. From that internship I learned that every paper of transaction is important than money when it comes to financial report because paper plays important role and every transaction must be recorded correctly. At first I failed to do the job that I have been assigned but I never gave up, I asked lots of questions to my boss where he felt irritated and funny sometimes but every word from him helped me and I took as new knowledge because today I can record the financial transaction in correct books of account. Thanks to Bhutan Football Federation for giving me the opportunity.

Seminar held on shares
A seminar was held during our spring semester for 2 days at Namgay Heritage where a professor from Germany came to talk on shares in the international business and how financial position plays role in setting up price for shares in the market and accordingly the company will earn profit. The speaker told that it is very important to have the correct and most accurate annual financial report to set up share price in the market. He gave us to solve and find out the financial report of companies that are doing well currently in the market and our group got Tashi Commerical Company. After doing the financial report with the rules and ratios given accordingly we had to set share price in the market. The session was indeed very helpful to precede further and got lots of new knowledge from the professor.

My personal interest
Out of many interest I have for my personal interest but I have spend almost 10 years for playing basketball where I first started playing basketball when I was at the age of 10. I am diehard fan of Curry who plays for one of the NBA team and I always get encouraged to play like him whenever I go to play. When I am tired of playing basketball than I just go and read books written by my spiritual master Gyalwa Dhokhampa which makes me stay positive always. I always want to be innovative and for that I am very interested in learning new things from people around me, dealing with new people is never a problem for me because I am outgoing person as most of the athletes.

EDP business plan
I had the out most privileged to create a business plan about food van. The main idea was to make fresh food by my group and sell it to the customers in a mobile van. In theory we made a lot of assumption such as our segmentation, targeting and positioning (STP). Similarity in particular I was in charge of finance department I had to make all the decisions to procure fixed assets which include medicine and automobile this also included working capital of our business. Here as me being the head of finance department I firstly made my assumptions on procuring the fixed assets and working capital but later with my research and field work I came to know about the reality of the world. This means that all the assumption on my calculations was wrong but the main thing is I had the chance to correct myself in my college days before I enter into the real world. This was a plus point for me as a student later after I made my wrong assumptions I figure out that my assume calculations were wrong and I was able to change the necessaries, the change which was needed. As the head of the finance department it was my responsibility to find out the main aspects of business plan which was to find the breakeven point, payback period and profitability ratio in each final year. Finally I would like to conclude my experience as a head of the finance department I was not only able to start a business in theory but also in particular experience which I receive in Royal Thimphu College.

Research on BDBL
Doing research on Bhutan Development Bank Limited during my stay at RTC helped me in knowing about the real business organization where we had to do their annual financial report. Getting to do with real business outside the world was one of the greatest achievements after completing the task. Working in a team is another important factor for any things to get done.  I am hoping to apply my experience and knowledge in my future plans.

Cash flow Preparation

My first experience during my college time was when we had to complete the work of doing cash flow preparation for the particular company that we got. For this we had to prepare a bill for every transaction made by the company assuming some figures by our self but the most beneficial by doing this was that we saw the real bills of accounts and how to be recorded and treated for each transaction made. This was done with the help of our accounting module tutor and this experience will remain with me forever since it was my first experience after joining college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment